Rogaining for Beginners!
A small team of scouts and scout leaders tried their hand at Rogaining and were delighted to complete the course. Not that they were feeling competitive or anything, but…. here’s the outcome:
- We got 290 points (lost a few points as we were 1 minute late back – could have been a lot worse if we hadn’t run that last km!)
- This puts us at 7th (ie last!) in the family category (although there were 3 teams on 290 points, we were last team in).
- We were still first (and last) in the male family category!
- Jessica and her mum beat us with 320 points 🙁
- Overall we were 72nd of 75 teams.
- I think we can only get better from here!! 🙂
Well done Andrew, Thomas, Jan, Penguin & Goanna!
Rogaining is the sport of long distance cross-country navigation. Teams of two to five members travel entirely on foot, navigating by map and compass. Teams select their own order of visiting checkpoints. Teamwork, endurance, competition, fun, and an appreciation of the natural environment are features of the sport. Teams start and finish from a central area.