Our hall is in heavy use during school terms. But hire opportunities do open up. Ask us! Please view the Google Calendar on the Forms and Resources page of this website to check availability on your dates of interest, then send us an email using the Contact form.
Sorry, but we do not hire our hall for parties of any kind.
The hall is suitable for many activities including craft groups, social groups, meetings, drama classes and exercise classes.
Public Liability Insurance
Hirers must show evidence of Public Liability Insurance to a minimum value of $10 million.
We welcome bookings for school holiday overnight accommodation by interstate scout groups, youth groups, visiting sporting teams and similar. We have a fully equipped kitchen, separate mens’ and women’s toilets, one shower (serviced by a continuous hot water system), and the option of separate quarters for accompanying adults.
- Large and bright hall (approximatley 9×12 metres) with a good quality polished hardwood floor.
- Plenty of free parking at the door
- Kitchen (fridge, microwave, oven, hotplates, urn, crockery, cutlery and cookware)
- Separate mens’ and women’s toilets
- One shower (continuous hot water system)
- Ducted gas heating
- Ceiling fans
- Evaporative cooling
- Convenient central Belconnen location adjacent to major shopping centres.
- Large playing field adjacent.
No Disabled Access
Sorry, but our hall is classic 1970s split level architecture. There are eight steps from the front door to the main hall area, and a further eight steps to the men’s toilet/ shower.
- $35 per hour
- All hires over 3 hours charged at the flat rate of $100 per day
- $400 for a 5-day booking
Overnight Accommodation (school holidays only)
- $10 per person per night
- $60 cleaning fee
- $50 key deposit
- One key will be supplied. $30 for each additional key.
- Price and other arrangements by negotiation.
Terms and Conditions
- The Committee of the Kama Scout Group reserves the right to accept or reject any application for hire.
- Hirers must show evidence of Public Liability Insurance to a minimum value of $10 million.
- Payment must be made in cash or by electronic deposit, in full, at the time of key collection. Key deposits will be refunded at the end of hire via the same method by which payment was made.
Hall Hire Agreement
- We use the standard Scouts ACT Hall Hire Agreement.
If you are interested in hiring our hall, please contact our Hall Hire Convenor by submitting the following form…