Three cheers for our Number One Supporters — our support committee!!
The support committee is the financial and administrative backbone of the scout group. Please give them a hand whenever you can.
We appreciate most sincerely the support we receive from local businesses, families, granting agencies, and our branch office. Here is a brief summary of recent support, in chronological order.
- June 2017: Donation from Kama supporter, Mr Peter Quiggin, matched by the Kama Support Committee, to establish a fund to provide financial assistance to youth members for activity and particiaption costs.
- January 2017: Bunnings Warehouse Belconnen donated materials to the “Creator Realm” Activity Base led by Kama at Cuboree 2017.
- December 2016: $100 from the Grill’d Local Matters community support program to assist the Creator Realm Activity Base led by Kama at Cuboree 2017.
- September 2016: incredible assistance above and beyond the strictures of the contract from our contractors on the roof project:
- ACT Interiors
- Rogers Electrical
- AW & DM Roofing
- AGH Demolition
- AWT Engineering
- Steve Hubbard & Associates
- Robson Environmental
- June 2016: Donation from Kama supporter, Mr Peter Quiggin
- April 2016 – ongoing: acceptance into the Canberra Southern Cross Club Community Rewards scheme.
- January 2016: $30,000 grant from ACT Government, Asset Refurbishment & Maintenance Scheme, Sport & Recreation Grant Program.
- November 2015: donation from Semaphore Consulting to assist with Jamboree 2016 gear.
- October 2015: donation from Draco Fellowship to assist with Jamboree expenses.
- June 2015: donation from Kama supporter Mr Peter Quiggin.
- April 2015: Kama received $300 from the Grill’d Local Matters community support program.
- January 2015: donation by the estate of the late Mrs Elizabeth Smith.
- August 2014: Canberra Southern Cross Club Community Grant ($2,000) which was matched by funds from the Parent Committee to install a window in the Venturer Den
- June 2014: donations from Semaphore Consulting and Kama supporter Mr Peter Quiggin
- May 2014: supply and installation of a brilliant (pun intended!) external light, John Ayres Electrical
- May 2014: donation of superseded GPS devices from the Australian Federal Police. (Sadly, these were later lost in a targetted series of burglaries of scout halls across the ACT).
- Sept 2013 to February 2014: construction of an outdoor education area was made possible by a Coles and Junior Landcare Grant in conjunction with funding provided by the Kama Parent Committee.